Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bringing the newcomers up to speed

So, maybe some of you jumped into this blog from my last link on Facebook, and maybe some of you are confused as to what's going on here.  About 10 years ago, I experienced a trigger event that began a major depressive episode that lasted for at least two years.  It changed me in some fundamental ways, and the recovery process was slow and difficult.  I've decided to blog about it--my experience might help someone else, and I think writing about it will help me--even though the blogging process is also slow and difficult.  There you go.

Out of the infinite kindness of my heart, here are the previous posts (in order) that will get you caught up:

Brave or Stupid?
Sick or Hungry? (Part 1)
Sick or Hungry? (Part 2) (warning: vomit!)
Sick or Hungry? (Part 3) (WARNING: may contain eating disorder triggers)
Trying to write about the nightmares
Nightmares (part 1) (background)

It's been hard to relive some of these things, and that's one of the reasons I don't post regularly.  10 years later, I'm fine.  I have some lingering issues (mostly with food and phobias) but overall, I'm great.  My life is incredibly blessed and I'm very happy.  I know who I am and I sometimes get glimpses of why I'm here--I don't know if I could ask for much more than that.

No comments: