Thursday, January 2, 2014

Because I can, that's why

(I get the feeling that I'm going to have a hard time coming up with original titles for things, so, you know, don't judge.)

Today I ate leftover Christmas candy.  Because I can.

I figure, at this point in my life, I might as well do things because I can.  Why am I going to Japan in March?  Because I can.  (Also, can you say "once in a lifetime trip?" Because I can. See what I did there?)  Why do I want to replace my very basic light fixture with a tiny chandelier?  Because I can.  Why do I want to wear sparkly things?  Because I can.

My favorite color is pink, so I have bright pink curtains I bought in the kids' bedroom decor section at Target.  Because I can.  I have these sequined tops that I've only worn once each, but I bought them because I could.  Will I buy more?  Probably.  Because I can!

Words of affirmation in the face of age, that's what they are.  Words of defiance.  Words of empowerment.

Yeah, girl.

1 comment:

Giggles said...

I still eat ice cream for breakfast on occasion. Because I can. I'll have to stop doing it so openly when Iddo figures out what's going on.